Anyways, one of the characters is this Minnesotan lady who is famous in the little town for her secret Tapioca recipe. Only, in her exaggerated Minnesotan accept, she says "Tee-yeah-pee-ohw-cuh."
So, it got me thinking two things.
1) Do Minnesotan people really have a strong accent? and
2) What is tapioca?
I guess won't know the answer to the first question until I actually meet a true Minnesotan.
But, yesterday at the grocery store, I saw a box of tapioca. I looked at the nutrition facts--No fat. No protein. No sugar. What is this stuff? Turns out its a starch derived from the cassava plant.
So my mom bought the tapioca--it came in pearls.

We made tapioca pudding:

After shooting a couple pics, I realized something--you can't make white mush look very appealing on camera unless you add something pretty like blueberries. But then, only the blueberries look appealing.

It's still just mush.

But it's certainly yummy!
So now your life is complete because you know what tapioca is. *Uh, Emma, I already knew what tapioca was* FINE THEN! STOP SPOILING MY NEW DISCOVERY!!!!
"Tee-yeah-pee-ohw-cuh"--try saying it a few times. It's fun :P.
*Cold glares* Um. . . anyways. . . happy Tuesday!

4 comments:
This makes me laugh. :)
I don't think we Minnesotans speak like that, though we probably have a slight accent to people not from the midwest... I'll have to visit you someday so you can judge for yourself ;)
Haha! I was hoping you would respond to this--I've always wondered whether you guys had accents or not.
And, yes, you should totally visit sometime :D
Loved your blog and we loved the movie!!
Oh yea - forgot to say I love tapioca pudding - always have.
Post a Comment