Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sixteen

I talked to my dad about Adobe Photoshop.

BAD NEWS: He can't find the code, so we can't install Photoshop on our new computer.

GOOD NEWS: I downloaded GIMP. I'm still getting the hang of it, but at least I can batch shrink now! Giant Images Made Petite: that's the best part of the program :). The quality of the pics don't seem quite as clear as before though--maybe I'm just over analyzing them. Let me know what you think!

So, several weeks ago I had my sixteenth birthday. My main present. . . REDOING MY ROOM!

It's not quite done yet (I still need curtains and some wall stuff), but here is a look into the fabulous wonders into my humble abode, my fortress, my beach-flowery-blue-green room!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
*paint = Valspar tropical splash, bedspread and other accessories = Home Goods (my new fav store)

My aunt gave me these adorable earrings!
Birthday Earrings

And from my BFF Virginia, these cute sandals!
Photobucket
*You know that new style of sandals with lots of straps and stuff? I like to call them "Egyptian sandals." And this is my first pair this season!

RANDOM FACT: I didn't love the green nail polish, so on Monday, I tried out Claire's Crackle nail polish over it. I was totally against it at first, but I've come to find it rather cool. . . slightly emo, but cool nonetheless!

My nails
Photobucket
*Hope you're not one of those feet-gross-you-out-like-majorly people

Claire's nail (the lighting on the full-hand picture was bad)
Photobucket

So, back to being sixteen. What comes with being sixteen?

Perhaps this card my aunt sent me answers the question.
Sixteen Card 1
Sixteen Card 2

That's me. Driving. Soon enough.

Meanwhile, I'm taking Driver's Ed at the local high school. It's been pretty good so far. It makes me feel better that my partner has never driven before, so my mediocre driving skills look genius in comparison.

I'm hoping that I can get my license soon. Oh, the freedom! How sweet is is to be. . .

LOVED BY YOU! (whoops. . . I mean. . .)

SIXTEEN!

2 comments:

Connie said...

This is just a test Emma -= you know we enjoy your blog so much.

Connie said...

Poppa says the pics are great and I (Nonna) am not real fond of the crackle nail business - ha ha !!! Love your new lantern with the shells in it.