I went driving for the first time today! Mom took me to the parking lot of the neighborhood elementary school. She had to explain to me multiple times which pedal was the gas and which was the brake! I am a real blond about stuff like that :).
Let me explain. I am very smart intellectually, but when it comes to the simplest of matters. . . let's say I'm not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. Here's one example. At the beginning of the school year, I got a pretty high score on the placement exam. I received a letter notifying me of the fact, and read it aloud to my parents: "Congratulations, you have scored among an elight (elite) group of students on the placement exam." They started cracking up. "Oh yeah, Emma, you are so elight!" I never lived it down. To this day I am called elight by both friends and family.
Anyways, away from my random tangent and back to my first driving experience. Apart from that first blond moment, my driving skills were not too shabby for a beginner. I was able to park in between the yellow lines (though not exactly "straight")!
Onto another random subject. . . Avatar. . . you know, the blue alien people. Yeah, that Avatar, not that there's any other kind. I watched half of it last night, and it was better than expected, but the whole "tribe-like mother earth deal" was kind of weird. I will watch the rest of it tonight, while enjoying apple pie (one that was on sale of course. My frugal daddy watches out for them good deals!).
I have thought of so many good post ideas lately, so, few readers, check back soon. This blog is no longer dormant, baby!
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Jules and I just finished reading the new entry. Keep up the good work with driving. Parking lots are the best - just ask your Mom. Keep that hair dark and don't have anymore "blond" moments. Julia loves your fb pic and she thinks you look pretty and older (your age). Have a great day and keep up the most excellent posts!! LOL
Not interested in watching Avatar - let me know what you think about it.
Post a Comment