Let me just tell you: Julia is one AMAZING dancer! She has mad clogging skills. I am so glad we were able to see her dance.
Last year, William got freaked out on the Electrospin (listed as "moderate thrill"). Regardless, we convinced him to ride the Wildfire (highest thrill roller coaster in the park). "Come on William, you can do it! We'll buy you a Wildfire T-shirt!" So he rode the Wildfire. And loved it.
The Wildfire conqueror:

He insisted that I take a picture of the back.

He asked to go again. He also rode the Electrospin and enjoyed it. But his favorite was Thunderation, another high thrill roller coaster! He has now joined the roller coaster-loving side of the family (as opposed to the motion sick/Nonna-type fear side).
We* drove back from Branson with a little extra cargo -- a pound of saltwater taffy, a few souvenirs, and one twelve-year-old girl.
*as in Dad. . . I wouldn't dare drive a vehicle with our innocent cousin in the car, haha.
We had a fun week of shopping, swimming, and fun!

The owl-obsessed twins:


I had fun learning how to do fishtail braids on the girls' long, luxurious hair!

We went out to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant!

Claire and Julia enjoyed baking up various concoctions over the course of the week. I didn't capture my favorite, the coconut cream pie, but here is the cappuccino cheesecake they made!

The girls bought binkies (what our family calls pacifiers). Supposedly they were "for their stuffed animals." I'm not quite so sure. . .

We had such a fun week!

3 comments:
Emma - what fun to read your blog and see your clever pictures. Poppa and I just loved it. You are such a good photographer and write such interesting and clever commentary. "AND YES --- MY FEAR OF HEIGHTS AND SPINNING" still lives to this day - ha ha. Congrats on your marvelous driving - and many congrats to Defoe for his "lack of fear". That boy will do anything for a tee shirt - ha ha. Did he charge it?
At first, in reward for riding the Wildfire, he requested 20 dollars AND a t-shirt. He didn't get the twenty dollars, but Dad paid for the shirt :).
Ahhhh, Branson, MO? Silver Dollar City is the best. We once had season passes. Wildfire is really good (funny story, once there were like no people there so they let us ride 5 times in a row!!!!!!! Without even getting off!)-- but powder keg is my favorite. :) Tgat park has so much character.
Post a Comment