Tuesday, May 24, 2011

New Carpet, Bubble Trouble

I just hooked the computer back up this afternoon. Earlier, we had moved everything in our living room around--including the computer and desk--and ripped up the carpet.

Ugly, right?
Bare Wood

And now. . . VOILA! New, plush, luxurious carpet! (FYI: The carpet looks darker in real life than it appears in the pictures)
New Carpet 1
New Carpet 2
New Carpet 3

Yesterday, I was bored, so I took pictures of bubbles. And sidewalk chalk. Don't even get me started with chalk--I'm a little obsessed. Every time a car pulled into the cul-de-sac, I bolted into the garage, "casually hanging around." Of course I'm not coloring on the driveway. Psh. Chalk is for little kids, duh.
Bubbles 1

I think I've learned to accept my love of chalk, though. But my bubble photography does not match up to my mad chalk skills.

First, the bubbles were out of focus.
Bubbles 2
Bubbles 3

Then I realized that manual focus might be a good idea.
Bubbles 4
Bubbles 5
Bubbles 9

Plus, it's much easier to focus when you have a cute little face to photograph!
Bubbles 6

I deemed William my bubble-blowing minion.

Me: Please, William, blow some more bubbles! I just need to take one more picture. Just one more!

William: NO. I am NOT blowing any more bubbles.

Me: *fake cry and pitiful puppy dog face*

William: Come on, Emma. Don't cry. . . don't cry. . .*realizes I'm faking*. . . NO. I WILL NOT BLOW BUBBLES.

Me: I'll play wrestle with you!

William: OK, fine.
Bubbles 7

I thought this one turned out cool. Just ignore the gross grass-filled bag in the background :P.
Bubbles 8

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: