Spring is a beautiful time.

We have all been enjoying the great weather! It's a little cooler today--in the 50s--but a few weeks ago it was in the 70s and 80s. School has been fun, but busy. Field day was last week, but it was raining outside, so we had to do it inside. It was pretty fun; my homeroom/house was super enthusiastic about it--we went all out with war paint and everything. My biology class has been dissecting fetal pigs. Some people find it really gross, but I think its actually really interesting! We may rock climb in PE this week. In English, we are starting a unit on poetry. I like poetry, but it can be really confusing. My teacher had us annotate a song that we thought was "poetic." At first I chose "Clocks" by Coldplay simply because the lyrics were confusing, so surely they had to be poetic. It turns out few people know what they really mean, so I turned to Lady Antebellum's "American Honey." I've had it in my head ever since.
William has been doing well in school. He continues to say funny things all the time. He came up to me the other day, excited, holding a cereal box. He said, "Emma! Can you cut out this code so I can win a golf weekend with Paul Azinger?" Ever since we lost Comcast, we only have basic cable, so William has been into "Arthur," since PBS Kids is one of the only kid channels we have now. I have such vivid memories of the show!
On Saturday night I watched District 9! It was a very interesting movie, and I enjoyed it a lot. It was really well done. The violence was not too bad, but their was way too much language. My favorite character was the little kid alien! I thought he was really cute for an alien.
Some of my summer plans: babysit, swim, hang out with friends, take driver's ed (maybe), build up the stamina to run two miles straight, and sort through our family tapes and burn them onto DVDs! Oh, and blog of course!
Lately, this blog has inspired me to do more cute posts with professional-looking pictures. I'm not there yet, but I'm on my way, and we'll see where I go!
Happy Spring!
William has been doing well in school. He continues to say funny things all the time. He came up to me the other day, excited, holding a cereal box. He said, "Emma! Can you cut out this code so I can win a golf weekend with Paul Azinger?" Ever since we lost Comcast, we only have basic cable, so William has been into "Arthur," since PBS Kids is one of the only kid channels we have now. I have such vivid memories of the show!
On Saturday night I watched District 9! It was a very interesting movie, and I enjoyed it a lot. It was really well done. The violence was not too bad, but their was way too much language. My favorite character was the little kid alien! I thought he was really cute for an alien.
Some of my summer plans: babysit, swim, hang out with friends, take driver's ed (maybe), build up the stamina to run two miles straight, and sort through our family tapes and burn them onto DVDs! Oh, and blog of course!
Lately, this blog has inspired me to do more cute posts with professional-looking pictures. I'm not there yet, but I'm on my way, and we'll see where I go!
Happy Spring!


















3 comments:
Love your pictures (as usual!)!
Sounds like you're having a good Spring so far! I am too, it's a good time of year :)
Hey Sweetie - so enjoyed your updates and the beautiful pics. Nana called your Dad today and wished him a happy birthday. Poppa and I talked to him on Monday. Love you.
love the pics!
Post a Comment