Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's Been A While...

Yes, I know, I have neglected my blogging duties, but I am sure you don't want to hear me go on and on making excuses about how "busy" (in other words, "lazy") I've been :). Wow, it really has been several months since I last posted! I haven't even posted about Thanksgiving! I'll try better to give updates more often.

So, let's start at the beginning. We got to spend Thanksgiving with my uncle and his family. We got to go hiking, see their new home, and eat yummy Thanksgiving food! Here are some pictures:







My cousin, Sophie's, crazy bedhead hair!
Little House on the Prairie girls!
Even grown men like to play video games!

We went to spend Christmas with family as well. I was having such a good times, I didn't take any pictures there, but here are some Christmas pictures that I took at home.



Bucky was very interested in the presents and the tree (he even ate a chunk of tree that was on the floor!), so I thought it would be a good opportunity to take some pictures of him!

Stretch! I'm just not tall enough to see all the presents.
Is Santa Claus out there?
Are their presents for me somewhere in here?
Breakdance!
AH! I saw a spider up there!
This door seems really oversized...
Please, Claire, don't pet me so hard!
Mommy, are you up there in the chair? I could really use a good petting!

And now for a general update. Let's see...I've been watching a lot of movies lately: The Proposal, The Wedding Singer, The Notebook, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, New in Town, 17 Again, and Fireproof. And my pitiful book list: Night, by Elie Wiesel. I'm not a big reader, but Night was so enthralling!

I'm not a serious piano player, but I've enjoyed playing a lot of songs lately like A Thousand Miles, Moonlight Sonata, Waltz of the Flowers, Love Song, and Joy of Man's Desiring.

Random fact: what I'm listening to right now is William's Pacman game blasting in my ear because he has to turn the volume up really loud and play the game an inch away from the screen. He is doing really well by the way and loves his new class.
For my parent's anniversary, my dad bought my mom tickets to a Brad Paisley concert. She screamed when he told her on the way home from dinner one night! They enjoyed the concert, and I enjoyed a girl's night with my friends!

William and Claire's birthdays are this week, and of course, William, being such a kid, chose Chuck E. Cheese's as his birthday restaurant and Claire, having such mature tastes, chose Texas Roadhouse. I tried to convinve her to choose Red Lobsters, but I still like her choice nontheless.

When we got back home during Christmas, there was several inches of snow on the ground, and it continued to pile up in the below zero temperatures as two more rounds of snow fell. Some of the drifts got up to a foot deep! I'll post pictures later; my memory card is being weird :).
Well, I guess that is a good enough update for now. To end this post, I will state the words of a previous American Idol auditioner: "Pants on the ground, pants on the ground, lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground." :P

2 comments:

Wilson Brissett said...

loved the update! your pictures are great!

Unknown said...

you definitely need to read wiesel's companion novel "day," now that you've finished "night." glad you're back to blogging! i missed reading about your kansas exploits! :-p