Saturday, August 29, 2009

Starting School

I meant to post much earlier than this, but I've been so very busy. School has kept me gone all day and working on homework during much of the evening, but I love it! I am very happy with all of my teachers and classes. My favorite class is Chorale and my least favorite is World Geography. My honors classes are tough, but I like the fast pace of the material. My hardest classes are Honors Geometry and Honors Biology, and my easiest class is Latin.

My school revolves around an A-B block schedule which is nice because you only have to do the homework of about half of your classes each night. The negative thing about the block schedule is that my favorite/easy classes are on A day, and my hard/least favorite classes are on B day. As you might guess, I dread B days. My lunches are pretty early, so I don't have to wait until like 1:00 to eat! This is good because I get really cranky/weak when I go without food for too long.

There is a neat homeroom system at my school. We have a short homeroom time on A day, but on B day we have enough time to set up a fun activity. For example, we played Wii one day and dodgeball another. This week, we are going to do a talent show. Another unique thing about our school is Academic Time. We get about an hour every other day to work on homework, meet with teachers, or just do a quiet activity, like reading. It it very handy.

William and Claire have enjoyed the first few days of school as well. William got a really good teacher, and is doing very well. Claire has enjoyed starting a Nature Journal.

Here are some pictures:

William was excited to start 1st grade. Can you tell? He picked out a Spongebob backpack.
My adorable lunchbox :).
Did I mention we use laptops at our school? Well, we do. They are awesome!
My plain old backpack. At least it's durable and matches my uniform :).

3 comments:

Rose Marchen said...

Your homeroom sounds like a lot of fun!


I tagged you on my blog!

Connie said...

Thanks hon for sharing and giving us pics. Love hearing about school. Love you!!

Pilgrim Family said...

enjoyed hearing about your new school, glad you are enjoying it...for the most part. we love the macbook and your very trendy lunchbox!